I went to Berlin last week on a uni trip to attend the Transmediale festival held there every year. It’s my second time in Berlin, and Ive got to say I wasn’t that impressed. Berlin itself is nice, you’ve got all the interesting war sights and so on. The food is great, I’ve never tasted such good tea as Mesmer green tea with vanilla.
But once you’ve done the sights, I didn’t really think there was much to do…except drink, party, visit the Hamburger Bahnhof museum (which was AMAZING!) and shop (especially in Vero Moda). Here are some pics:
– Bauhaus Museum
– Cool drain
– Berlin Wall
– Brandenburg Gate
– Evelina and her lovely umbrella.
– Evelina and our first morning at breakfast in a little cafe.
– This food was GREAT! In a resturant in a shopping centre by Checkpoint charlie. This was by far the best meal we had.
– We searched everywhere for a little German restaurant and a man on the street recommended this place.
– Lomography shop, this makes me wish I could take good pictures.
– I can’t remember what this place was called, but it had a museum of film and photography, and the best cinema I’ve ever been to. We saw Watchmen here, there was an interval and a guy in a tux came around selling food, just like in the theater. And the seats were a lovely velvet red and very comfortable.
– This exhibition was ‘The Picasso Story’, I saw the Picasso museum in Barcelona, and I really wouldn’t waist your time with this exhibition. It was boring, and I hated the bull fighting room.